Sunday, September 13, 2009

I know my CALCULUS.. It equals U + ME = US

Good ol' days. Remember that song? Lol.

I signed up for Calculus 1. The first part of a two series curriculum. It consists mostly of Derivatives and Differentiation. I've never been that good in Calculus, but it can also be because I didn't take it seriously as an Undergraduate. Man, I hated waking up 8am just to go to a class I dreaded and here I am signing up for the series.. Im ready!! Or am I????

I've participated in sports my whole life and I always wanted to be a professional athlete. A couple of years ago I injured my leg and I felt like killing myself for a very long time. Not literally, but I was really depressed. There are no classes that can prepare you for injury and how to mentally deal with it. I kind of just went through life always thinking, "what could have been." After in a way getting over it (not really, haha), I decided to turn my energy and determination for sports into the world of medicine and the scholastics. There's more to the story, but I'll explain it some time later.

Can you imagine me? Trying to channel my, all testosterone, wanting to beat you in a race, you're to slow for me competitive attitude into a sit-down classroom? I'm too gitty and cannot sit down for long periods of time... Some how I'm going to make this work. So when I get that "A" on the next test, I will yell to the top of my lungs, "hell yahh!!" "GIMME FIVE!" "Booya!" Chest bumps, knuckle pounds, bashing heads all because of a piece of paper that has a single letter, A...

Here we go.. I think I will call this sport... "Pre-Medicining..."

Position: Guard
Specialty: Kicking some bad grade butts for that A
Sponsors: None, but glad to accept offers!
Years in the league: less than 1 year

First game of the season: Calculus 1- Differentiation

BRING IT ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment